Sprinkler Saves News

Search Our Site

A small fire sparked by french fries cooking on a stove in a first-floor hotel room at the Suburban Extended Stay Hotel in Myrtle Beach led to smoke inhalation and an evacuation Monday afternoon.

The Myrtle Beach Fire Department was dispatched to the hotel at 730 Frontage Road E. at 1:18 p.m. for a fire alarm. “The first unit on scene found smoke in room 145 and then they requested structure (fire) response,” said Battalion Chief Ian Maxwell with the Myrtle Beach Fire Department.

A sprinkler system in the hotel extinguished the fire, he said. Several units were on scene Monday afternoon dealing with the water mitigation issues that remained after the emergency that evacuated residents and left one guest with minor smoke inhalation. The guest was treated on scene. No other injuries were reported.

Read More on MyrtleBeach Online

Licensed in Multiple States

  - Harvey and Associates

 Fire Alarms:

 Fire Sprinklers:

 Fire Pump Controllers:



We support and encourage NICET certification

Better Business Bureau

 Harvey & Associates, Inc. BBB Business Review